- Federal Census Records for Onslow County, 1790-1930 (via Ancestry Library Edition)
- Federal Census Records for all North Carolina counties (via Ancestry Library Edition)
- North Carolina Census Index 1790-1850, 1870
Early Onslow County Records (Microfilm)
- Birth Records
- Court Minutes
- Death Records
- Index to Military Discharges
- Land Entries
- Marriage Bonds
- Marriage Licenses
- Record of Deeds
- Record of Wills
- Tax Lists
We also have some of these records for Carteret, Craven, Duplin, Jones, Lenoir, New Hanover and Pender counties.
Family files are cataloged under the family name and local history information.
- Genealogical magazines and journals
- North Carolina Historical Review
- National Genealogical Society Quarterly
- National Genealogical Society Magazine
- Family Tree Magazine
- Your Genealogy Today
- Jacksonville local newspapers, 1938 to present
- Telephones books, 1957 to present
- City directories, 1960 to present
Genealogical Reference Materials
Genealogical reference materials range from the history of Onslow County and Abstracts of Wills and Censuses to volumes concerning North Carolina Troops, the Colonial Records of North Carolina, and books to aid in research of foreign ancestry.
Rolodex card index file containing surnames placed in the file by library patrons. This contains the name and address of the researcher. Sign in book also available for the patrons to write their address and ancestors being researched.
Family Bible Records
We will copy, free of charge, the historical pages of any family Bible for the patron, retaining a second copy for the library to be used for research purposes.
Genealogical Work Station
The Tucker Littleton Room has one computer workstation dedicated solely for genealogical research with Internet access and an attached microfilm/microfiche reader. Computer printouts or photocopies cost $0.20 per page.