Combat Related Special Compensation

The Department of Defense, working together with the Department of Veteran Affairs, currently pays special compensation to military retirees who have 20 years of service for retired pay computation, and who either have disabilities because of combat injuries for which they have been awarded the Purple Heart or who are rated at least 10% disabled because of armed conflict, hazardous duty, training exercises, or mishaps involving military equipment, with the Department of Veterans Affairs. These payments are considered to be tax exempt and members must apply to their own branch of service using DD Form 2860.
Veterans Hug

Onslow County Veteran Services


Phone: (910) 347-3309

234 NW Corridor Blvd
Suite 201
Jacksonville NC 28540