North Carolina Law requires you to have a marriage license BEFORE you get married,
Our address is 109 Old Bridge St., Jacksonville, NC 28540. --- It is the district courthouse.
The address at the bottom of this page is the county administration office. It is NOT our address.
- Both parties must be present to obtain the Marriage License.
Hours of issuance:
Walk-Ins - Monday through Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Appointments - Tuesdays and Thursdays
4:30 PM - 5:45 PM
* Every Person needs valid photo ID.
i.e.: Driver's License, State ID, Military ID or Passport
* If you have been issued a social security number, you must provide proof of your full social.
Proof must be a Social Security Card, W2 Form, Pay Stub, Bank documents or Military documents. No hand written documents will be accepted.
* If either party has been divorced in the past 12 months, please provide a copy.
* If you are 18 or under, you must have a certified birth certificate.
*If you are under age, please contact our office.
* The fee is $60.00. No checks will be accepted for payment.