North Carolina Law requires you to have a marriage license BEFORE you get married,
- Both parties must be present on a Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 am & 4:30 pm to get a marriage license.
- OR: We offer extended hours on Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only. Please call 910-347-3451 to set up an appointment.
- Both parties must have picture identification (Driver license, Military ID, Passport)
- Both parties must provide typed proof of their social security number showing full name and Social Security number. This may be a Social Security card, W2 form, tax return, bank statement, pay stub, etc....
- If either person has been divorced in the past 12 months, that person should bring a copy of their signed divorce decree.
- If either person is 18 years of age or under they must provide a certified copy of their Birth Certificate.
- If either person is 16 or 17 years of age at least one parent or legal guardian must be present (must provide documentation of guardianship) and both parents must sign a consent for marriage form unless the present parent has full custody (must provide documentation of full custody).
- There is a $60.00 fee for the license which may be paid by cash or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover only). Every certified copy is an additional $10.00.
- The license is valid for 60 days from the date of purchase. It is only valid for use in the state of North Carolina.
- If you are getting married in the Magistrate's office, you will need $20 cash and two witnesses. The Magistrate's office is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. No appointment is needed.
- The application for the license may be filled out online by following THIS LINK. Once you hit submit at the bottom of the page, the information will be in our system for 20 days.
- The Affidavit of Eligibility to Marry will be filled out in our office.