Ameritas Dental Plan
Onslow County Government offers full-time employees a dental plan through Ameritas Life Insurance Corp and covers a percentage of basic to major dental procedures, including orthodontia for children and adults, up to a maximum of $1000 per individual, per plan year. For more information, visit http://www.ameritasgroup.com/
We have four different levels of coverage for you to choose from when deciding your dental insurance. You may choose from the following:
Employee + Children
Employee + Spouse
Employee + Family
Your premium for coverage will vary, depending on the level of coverage you select.
|Employee + Children
|Employee + Spouse
|Employee + Family
The following dependents are eligible for enrollment:
- Your spouse
- Your (or your spouse’s) dependent children till their 26th birthday, including newborn children from date of birth, stepchildren, adoptive children from date of placement for adoption, foster children from date of placement in foster home, and children for whom health benefit coverage is required under a court or administrative order.
Employees have 30 days from the date of a qualifying life event or 30 days from their date of hire to enroll or make changes to their dental insurance policies. Otherwise, employees can only make changes during our annual open enrollment period.
Qualifying Life Events
If you experience a qualifying life event, you must make changes to your dental policy within 30 days of the event.
Qualifying events include, but are not limited to:
- Marriage, divorce, or legal separation,
- Birth or adoption (or placement of adoption) of a child,
- Death of a covered dependent
- Loss or gain of eligibility for insurance coverage for you or a covered
If you experience a qualifying event, you must notify Human Resources at (910) 937-1364 and provide documentation within 30 days of the event to update your benefit selections. You will need to present documentation, such as a marriage, birth, or death certificate, divorce decree, or eligibility of loss or gain of other coverage. If you miss the 30 day deadline, then you will need to wait until the Open Enrollment period to make changes to your policies.
Open Enrollment is held annually each May. All Onslow County Government employees will be notified directly of an upcoming open enrollment period before it begins. If you wish to make changes or enroll in a benefit program, you will be able to do so during this time.