• Animal Services

  • Department:
  • Front2Front2Hallway

                                Animal Lovers Invited to open house!!

    Animal Shelter Volunteer Orientation will host open houseIf there are any questions or concerns, Ms. Rachel may be contacted by calling, (910) 937-1164.
    We are located at 244 Georgetown Road, Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540. 

     We also are looking for volunteers for the pet friendly shelter, before, during and after a hurricane and for the special events. Those attending will receive a tour of the facility, as well as information about volunteer opportunities, such as greeting the public, adoption, counseling, greeters, and dog walking. 

    1. Those interested in attending should call (910) 937-1164 to make a reservation or e-mail,  We have a new e-mail address for volunteers only ! OCASVOL@onslowcountync.gov  Thank you, Rachel.
      you’re ready to find your very own faithful feline or canine companion, visit the Onslow County Animal Services shelter or view adoptable animals at animalcontrol@Onslowcountync.gov
      Rabies Clinic is set for November 1, 2014 8 am till 12, Animal Services,244 Georgetown rd. $10 cash only,1 year Vaccination, Onslow County Residents Only! .For more Rabies Clinic see Press Release.Pre-Registration for the Rabies Clinic's Fill out the form or form's for each Pet, Cat or Dog, email it back to us 3 days before the clinic start. Thank you! (See form & fee Tab).

       New procedures dealing with wildlife. All wild animals are regulated. 
      North Carolina Laws protects all wildlife from take without a license or permit. All other trapping circumstances require a permit
       If the animal is suspected of have rabies, the animal control officer may secure the animal and transport it so it can be sent for testing.  If the animal appears healthy and is just a nuisance wildlife animal, it may not be transported and must be released in the immediate vicinity of capture.Depredation permits from the WRC may be obtained from a District Biologist or a local Wildlife Enforcement Officer or calling 1-800-662-7137 or (919) 707-0050
      If you have any questions please call (919) 707-0068. Wildlife Depredation Permits at no charge. Onslow County Wildlife Biologist is Jonathan Shaw: Office phone number (910) 324-3710, cell (910) 340-2475 .See Press released for more information.