Do I need a permit for an Accessory Building?
Yes, a Zoning Permit is required. A Building Permit is also required for any accessory building with any dimension greater than 12 feet or more than one story, and the structure must meet the requirements of the North Carolina Residential Code. Permits will also be required for any trade work proposed (electrical, plumbing, etc.). Please contact our office for more details.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Zoning Ordinance?
2. When is a Zoning Permit Required?
3. What uses are allowed in the zoning districts?
4. Do I need a permit for an Accessory Building?
5. Do I need a permit to install a fence?
6. Am I allowed to have an accessory apartment on my property?
7. Can I operate a business from my home?
8. Is a permit required to install a pool, spa or hot tub?
9. Can I keep horses on my property?
10. Can I install an electrical service to hook-up a Recreational Vehicle (RV) on my property?
11. How do I establish a family (private) cemetery on my property?