● The Onslow County Planning and Development Department is currently closed to walk-in traffic.
● Customers with serious emergencies may be assisted by appointment only when meeting space is available in Room 111 or Room 107 of the Onslow County Government Center. Masks are required.
● Customers requiring signatures may make an appointment and our staff will meet them outdoors.
● Permit applications may be dropped into the “planning bin” in the foyer to be processed by our staff. This bin is checked hourly.
● Any questions you may have about an application may be directed to 910-455-3661.
● Applications may also be submitted via email:
Building permit applications may be sent to email@example.com
Land Use/Planning applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Residential trade applications may be submitted through our Citizen Self Service Portal (CSS).
● We encourage customers to use the CSS portal to schedule inspections, monitor their application progress, search pending planning requests, code cases, and permits.
● The monthly gathering of the Technical Review Committee will resume virtual meetings immediately until further notice.
● The Board of Adjustment and Planning Board meetings will take place as noticed. Be advised attendance at these meetings requires a face mask and a security check.
● One contractor is permitted to attend with a building inspector or zoning official during an inspection and 6-feet of distance must be maintained. Additional construction personnel are not allowed.
● We continue to suspend sending our field staff into residences to perform minimum housing inspections.