Residents can help diminish mosquito breeding grounds in their own areas with just a few simple actions:
- First and foremost, get rid of any stagnate/standing water in buckets, flower pots, etc.
- Regularly change water in bird baths and animal water containers.
- Keep ditches clear and free of debris so that water will not pond up.
- Residents should consider using insect repellents, especially on children and the elderly, during any outdoor activity.
- Anyone who owns horses are encouraged to have them vaccinated by a vet against EEE and West Nile.