- Departments J-Z
- Kids & Teens
- School-Age Kids
- Homeschool Resources
What you need to know about homeschooling in North Carolina:
- A to Z Home's Cool Homeschool Website
- American Library Association's Great Websites for Kids
- Book Adventure (fun, free way to motivate kids in grades K-08 to read; kids can search for books, read them offline, come back to quiz on what they've read, and earn prizes for their reading success)
- DonnaYoung.org Printables and Resources (for home, home school, and classrooms)
- HippoCampus (explore over 5,700 free videos in 13 subject areas for middle school to college)
- North Carolina Virtual Public School
- An Old-Fashioned Education
Local Community Resources
- East Carolina Council, Boy Scouts of America
- North Carolina Coastal Pines Council, Girl Scouts
- Onslow County Museum
- Onslow County Parks & Recreation
- Onslow County 4-H
- Onslow County Partnership for Children
Band classes are available to homeschool children through the Onslow Home School Band. For more information, contact Directors Sean and Lara Capparuccia at 910-548-0505 or by email.
- AGAPE Leadership Development - Provides Christian group activities and support to homeschoolers in Onslow and surrounding counties through which families will grow in fellowship one with another and in the way of the Lord, while providing the flexibility and variety essential to integrate with current curriculum schedules.
- Classical Conversations - A nationwide network of classical, Christian communities providing academic programs, events, and services to local home school communities, parents, and educators.
- East Coast Homeschool Organization - The East Coast Homeschool Organization is an authorized non-profit co-op association aboard Camp LeJeune where members are encouraged to share their experiences with other homeschooling families seeking a support group so that we can to give families a positive experience and meet the needs of the members.
- Onslow County Secular Homeschoolers - While we are a secular group, we do not discriminate against anyone, regardless of any race, gender, creed, religious affiliation (or lack thereof). We only ask that differences of opinion be respected by all parties.