Home Health Services
Established in 1974, Home Health and Hospice provides quality care to the residents of Onslow County and surrounding areas. We are a one-stop source of services for virtually all your healthcare needs.
We have trained, qualified staff ready to assess your healthcare needs and provide you with the highest standards of care that can be offered to you in your home. Intermittent skilled care is provided to patients under a physician's plan of care to restore health, provide teaching, palliative care, and bereavement services.
Our Services include:
- Skilled Nursing- Registered Nurses (RN) work with patients of all ages to provide skilled care in the home under the direction of a physician. Services include injections, IV therapy, wound care, medications and pain management, clinical education, physical assessments, and other skilled care services.
- Certified Nursing Assistants- Assist patients with activities of daily living and personal hygiene care, such as beside care, bathing, shampooing hair, basic nursing procedures, and dressing, all under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Medical Social Workers- Assesses the patient's psycho-social needs, social and emotional factors, and counseling as related to the patient's illness, assist with financial needs including resources, and provide crisis intervention.
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy- Physical Therapists use specialized techniques to restore/improve mobility and strength of patients, provide patient/caregivers education and home exercise programs to ensure follow through and proper techniques, and home safety evaluations to help prevent accidents such as falls. Occupational Therapists also use specialized techniques and treatment to help patients increase independence in activities of daily living skills, strength, and provide family/caregivers instruction/education to ensure follow through and proper techniques. Speech Therapists specialize in helping to develop and restore/improve speech of patients with communication disorders and teach/retrain patients in breathing, swallowing, and muscle control.
- IV Therapy- IV pumps are maintained by a RN. The RN educates the patient and caregivers in the administration of intravenous therapy for hydration, antibiotics, and/or total parental nutrition (TPN). Education is given regarding the IV site and dressing changes as ordered by the physician.
- Case Management- The healthcare team through a collaborative process of assessing, planning, and facilitating for options and services, meet the health needs of the patient through communication and available resources to promote quality cost-effective outcomes.
- Nutrition Education- Registered Dietitians provide Medical Nutrition Therapy tailored to meet your nutritional needs.
Who Is Eligible
All ages with a physician's order.
For referrals, a medical entity contacts Home Health and Hospice with a referral. Upon receipt of referral, a Registered Nurse will schedule a visit.
How Are Services Paid
- Private Insurances (BCBSNC, Tricare Preferred)
- Private Pay
- Onslow Caregivers, Inc. available resource for patient assistance
Home Health and Hospice has achieved The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Home Care Accreditation.