Healthy For Life
About Healthy for Life®
In 2015, the American Heart Association, the leading voluntary health organization devoted to a world of longer, healthier lives, and Aramark, the largest U.S. based food service company, launched Healthy for Life® to improve the health of all Americans through better nutrition and lifestyle habits. The community engagement component offers nutrition education resources free to facilitators around the country. The turn-key educational experiences emphasize easy methods to prepare healthy and affordable meals. Learn more at www.heart.org/healthyforlife.
- Poor diet is a leading risk factor for morbidity and mortality in the United States and contributes to one in five deaths globally.
- We believe that improving nutrition is something we need to work on at the individual and community levels.
- We are hosting this because we care deeply about helping families in our community learn skills such as preparing healthy and affordable meals that will help them have longer, stronger lives to do the things they love with the people they love.
- We are grateful to the American Heart Association and Aramark for providing the science-based educational resources for this experience.
- The Healthy for Life® evidence-based nutrition education experiences are supported by American Heart Association science and developed by food and nutrition experts.
Join Us Online!
Healthy for Life meets monthly and you can choose between two times (same experience monthly, just different times).
|Ingredient Swaps||Healthy Ingredient Swaps|
|Healthy Food Swaps (Con't)|
|Building Blocks Series||Feed Your Potential|
|Exercise Within Reach|
|Eating for a Stronger, Healthier You|
|Building Your Plate Series||Eat the Rainbow|
|Pick Your Protein|
|Whole Grain Hacks|
|Sugar Swap Series||Snack Smarter|
|August 2023||Aug. 1 at 1 p.m.||Aug. 16 at 12 p.m.||Rethink Your Drink|
|September 2023||Sept. 5 at 1 p.m.||Sept. 20 at 12 p.m.||The Role of Food and Your Health: Blood Pressure|
|October 2023||Oct. 3 at 1 p.m.||Oct. 18 at 12 p.m.||Fearless Shopper Series||Smart, Fearless Shopper|
|November 2023||Nov. 7 at 1 p.m.||Nov. 15 at 12 p.m.||Pantry Makeover|
|December 2023||Dec. 5 at 1 p.m.||Dec. 20 at 12 p.m.||Weekly Meal Plan Made Easy|