Commercial Change of Use

A change of use or occupant permit is required whenever the use of commercial property changes, the business name changes, the property owner or lessee changes. If the property is sold, the new owner is required to apply for a permit. If the lessee changes for the property, a permit is required. If the type of business being conducted at the property changes, a permit is required. If the business name changes, a permit is required. The Change of use or occupancy permit application should be completed and submitted to central permitting at A copy of the application can be found here.

  1. Jody Leverich

    Fire Inspector

  2. Central Permitting (Building Permit)

    Physical Address
    234 NW Corridor Boulevard
    Jacksonville, NC 28540

    Fax: 910-989-3195