- Departments A-I
- Emergency Services
- Emergency Medical Services
- Community Paramedic
Community Paramedic Program
Onslow County Community Paramedic Program has been operating since 2015. We pride ourselves in serving the community in an always evolving higher capacity by connecting resources and educating the public, while working alongside as a supportive measure to Emergency Medical Services personnel. We have 6 full-time Community Paramedic positions that offer community coverage, 3 full-time Peer-Support Specialist positions as well as on-staff and on-call Licensed Mental Health Professionals to assist in our outreach to the public.
The Onslow County Community Paramedic Program bridges the gap with substance use and mental health to include assistance into Detox and Rehabilitation centers, inpatient and outpatient treatment centers. We can offer in home Mental Health assessments through Telepsychology or with on-scene Licensed Mental Health Professionals. We can offer treatment plans to assist through withdrawal symptoms if requirements are met until further assistance is available. We can connect with longer term recovery options.
We address high utilizers of EMS/911 as well as the Emergency Room. We can assist by establishing Primary Care providers or by connecting them with resources to better suite their immediate and long-term needs. As well as educating in proper uses of 911. By meeting immediate needs such as food and shelter, we can make valuable bed space in the ER available to true medical emergencies. Also, by assessing these situations we can connect to detox and rehabilitation centers as well as mental health care.
We assess for needs in both mental and physical health as well as daily necessities for empowering the community to take charge of their own well-being.
Community Paramedics also provide ongoing Narcan administration and Good Samaritan training and retraining to all law enforcement agencies within Onslow County to include the Sheriff's Office, Municipal Police Departments, State Bureau of Investigations, Naval Criminal Investigative Services, and Camp Lejeune PMO. We also partner with Onslow County departments and Onslow County Schools to ensure the safety of our students and community agencies by request to ensure we are increasing bystander awareness. We also engage in a 'leave behind' program with Narcan post EMS responses to an overdose.
Let us be the guide to assist you in filling your needs. We can help empower you and your family through education and resources to take charge of your own mental and physical health.
Campbell FletcherProgram Manager
Emergency Medical ServicesPhysical Address
1180 Commons Drive North
Jacksonville, NC 28546
Phone: : 910-347-4270Fax: : 910-455-6767Emergency Phone: : 911
Assist the community, in partnership with local organizations, with building daily living stability, quality, sobriety, and resiliency
The Goals of Community Paramedicine
- Reduce recurring use of EMS and E911
- Reduce recurring use of the Emergency Departments
- Assist with connecting residents with available resources for immediate and long-term needs
- Empower the community to take charge of their own healthcare and well-being
- Assist the community in building daily living quality and stability, sobriety and resiliency
The Services We Provide
- Medication reconciliation between pharmacies and primary care providers
- Medication planning, education and visual instruction on compliance
- In home risk assessments for falls, obstructions, lighting, etc.
- Navigation of community resources based on patient needs
- Education about the seriousness of their conditions and potential consequences
- Accountability and assistance in the daily efforts of making major lifestyle changes
- Ability to provide treatments in the home in the event of an acute increase in symptoms
- Assistance into detox and rehabilitation centers, as well as inpatient and outpatient treatment centers
- Assess mental and physical health needs
- Additional services available
How the Program Works
- Patients must be referred by professionals in the community.
- A Community Paramedic will make contact with the patient following hospital discharge or following referrals.
- Home visits occur with a community paramedic to provide education and service linkage.
Community Paramedic Program Staff
Peer Support Specialists
Licensed Mental Health Professionals
Dr. Tori Gilbert, Psy.D, DAPA, MCAP, HSP
Jaime Flores, LCSW, CATP
Christina Lewis, LCMHCA