- Departments A-I
- WIC COVID-19 Emergency Response
WIC COVID-19 Emergency Response
The safety and health of your family is WIC's utmost priority during the COVID-19 Pandemic. To protect all families and staff, most WIC services will be provided by phone. Please contact us at (910) 347-5002 if you have questions, want to apply for benefits, want to schedule an appointment, need breastfeeding support, or if you need in-person assistance. If you or a family member are currently certified to receive WIC food benefits, the benefits will be added to your eWIC account automatically on your family issue date. Your current eWIC card will be used for future months' WIC food benefits. A WIC representative will contact you to schedule your next appointment, if applicable.
If you have questions, call your local WIC office for specific guidance on how services are being provided. New applicants may self-refer by using the online referral form to initiate the certification process.
NC WIC COVID-19 Food Package Waiver
NC WIC COVID-19 food package waivers were approved until May 31, 2020. What if WIC foods are out of stock at my grocery store?
- If you have the Bnft® app on your smartphone, you can sign in and use the Store Locator to search for stores in your area that accept WIC.
If you have a North Carolina eWIC card, you can also use www.mybnft.com to search for WIC grocer locations.
Click here to search for grocery stores or free-standing pharmacies in your area that accept WIC.
- Download the flyers below for information on how to use your WIC during COVID-19:
- Using Your WIC during COVID-19 flyer; ENGLISH
- if a store is out of the product type/size issued in your food benefits, the NC WIC Program has been authorized to offer specific flexibilities for some of the food package requirements. Click here for details.
To apply for the WIC Program in Onslow County, please call (910) 347-5002. Military families are welcome to call (910) 353-0022.
Resources in Spanish: