Need more time with a librarian than you can get over the phone or if you just walk in?
Appointments are available at the Jacksonville Main Library Tuesday through Thursday, 10 am to 6 pm.
Schedule your appointment here!
Book-A-Librarian sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs of each individual.
We can help with:
- Computer, Internet, and social media basics
- Using the library’s online resources
- Learning to download eBooks and eAudiobooks from Libby and OverDrive
- Researching a topic
- Finding a good read, for you, your children or your book group
- Job assistance: job searching, cover letter and resume writing, and filling out job applications
- Small business and non-profit grant assistance
- Genealogy research
- And more!
Unfortunately, we are unable to:
- Offer specific advice (we can direct you towards reputable sources of information)
- Provide data entry
- Type or proofread documents
- Set up or install new software on personal devices
Appointments are required.
How do I schedule an appointment?
You can schedule an appointment using our Book-A-Librarian form.
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to both adult OCPL cardholders and adult non-cardholders.
Where do I go?
Please come to the Main Library in Jacksonville and let a staff member at the Public Services/Circulation Desk know that you have arrived for your Book-A-Librarian appointment.
How long is each session?
Each appointment is scheduled for 1 hour.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
To cancel or reschedule your requested appointment, please call 910-455-7350, ext. 1421 or 1422 or send an email to Public Services.